Caring hospitality in the heart of Windermere village
The Archway is an award winning Victorian guesthouse, tastefully furnished throughout.
A warm welcome, good food and the comfort of guests are our priority.
We have four rooms – both double and twin – all with en-suite facilities, a comfortable chair, Digital television, DVD players, hairdryer and beverage tray with homemade biscuits.
The house is entirely non-smoking and has been awarded four stars by the English Tourist Board and the Visit England breakfast award.
We are located in a quiet street of Windermere village just 300metres from the train station, shops, restaurants and pubs.
More great reasons to stay at The Archway
- Our front rooms have distant mountain views of Coniston Old Man, Wetherlam, Crinkle Crags, Scafell Pike, Great Gable and the Langdale Pikes.
- A quality guest house in a great location
- Ideal base for seeing the Lake District either with or without car
- Private parking spaces available
- 4 rooms, double or twin available, all en suite
- An award winning breakfast with a variety of menus
- Enthusiastically run by a young, professional proprietor
- We love the area and set out to help you enjoy it too
We have two types of rooms:
Superior Rooms (Windermere and Coniston)
These are at the front of the property with views of the fells and large en-suites with both bath and shower.
These are available between £70- £88 per room
Standard Rooms (Grasmere and Rydal)
These are at the back of the property with small en-suite shower rooms.
These are available between £56- £70 per room